Thursday, December 6, 2012

For my seesta

I am embarrassed by how long it took me to complete this jean jacket for my sister, but at long last I consider it to be a success. All that is left to do now is to package it up and ship it out. Can I beat the rush??

Well, there is one detail left to do...and that is to compose a letter to her to thank her for being my sister. After all our years of being together and sharing adventures from one coast to another, we have taken to living in separate states and that took me some little while to accept. Years, in fact. I had come to expect that we would always live near one another, but then she went in another direction.

Now that we are both older and crankier, this is a good thing. We certainly had many differences of opinion and disagreements over the first 40+ years of our lives. Even screaming matches. They were rare, but today I am not so sure this would hold true? She will always hold a very special place in my heart and I would do anything for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment