Thursday, November 8, 2012

Collage in an Art Journal

In this video I show an earlier Water Soluble Oil Pastels image that I had in my collage bag, and how I took pieces of that to enhance a collage image in my art journal. Also show some other pages in this journal.



And in this video I show some additional art journal pages using collage and stamping techniques. One of the things that I have noticed is that my saved collage papers will bring back memories from earlier years when you see them. You can remember where you were, what you were doing, and often how you made your collage papers.



This final video shows you how to paint over a photo or magazine image that you have applied to a page of your art journal. This is great practice on becoming comfortable with painting portraits. Use of fixatives will be necessary on the surface of your image prior to painting it. This will prevent any bleeding or beading of your paints when you apply them in the paint over method.



No comments:

Post a Comment